Energy Efficiency course. Unvented Hot Water Storage Systems
Energy Efficiency for Domestic Heating Certificate is for heating installers who work in domestic properties. The Energy Efficiency for Domestic Heating training course will enable operatives to “self certificate” as required by the Building Regulations Part L. The certificate will demonstrate competence.
The cost of the course includes training, assessment and the certification fee.
This Carbon Monoxide (CO) awareness course
As this is awareness training the certificate will not lead to anything but will act as proof of attendance and understanding of the dangers of CO.
This Carbon Monoxide (CO) awareness course contains information which will raise the awareness of the dangers associated with carbon monoxide. This course is ideal for delivery to organisations that have responsibility for maintaining gas safety in their properties such as local authorities, hospitals and landlords. The assessment involves a small number of questions to answer at the end of the awareness training.
Unvented Hot Water Storage Systems CO Gas Safety Awareness
Our one day course aimed at plumbers and heating engineers who want to install Vented and Unvented Domestic Hot Water Storage Systems to comply with the current Building Regulations. The course covers Approved Document G3 of the Building Regulations.
CO Gas Safety Awareness
This one day Carbon Monoxide (CO) awareness course contains information which will raise the awareness of the dangers associated with carbon monoxide. This course is ideal for delivery to organisations that have responsibility for maintaining gas safety in their properties such as local authorities, hospitals and landlords. The assessment involves a small number of questions to answer at the end of the awareness training.
The training course covers:
- Are you at risk from carbon monoxide
- Carbon monoxide facts and what is carbon monoxide
- Combustion/flues and chimneys (not gas training)
- Why is carbon monoxide so toxic
- What equipment can produce CO and what causes CO to be produced
- How to prevent CO being produced
- How can you tell if CO is present
- The effects of CO on the body
- The symptoms of CO poisoning and diagnosing CO poisoning
- Carbon monoxide alarms and emergency procedures
Water Regulations Course (One Day Course)
Aimed primarily at practising plumbers, who already have a knowledge of hot and cold water systems, the package will be of interest, and be useful, to water inspectors and anyone who is involved with the installation, design, or specification of water systems or with buildings containing water systems. It will also be of benefit to those attending who may have limited previous knowledge
Legionella Awareness Training
Our legionella awareness training courses are ideal for candidates who require an introduction to Legionnaires’ disease and the control of legionella based around the Health & Safety Executive’s ACOP L8.
Typically, candidates will be landlords, building owners, estates managers, health and safety managers, facilities managers, maintenance contractors, and those with responsibility for the safe operation of man-made water systems.
We offer legionella awareness training courses that cover hot and cold water systems.
Weekend Domestic Plumbing Course
On the weekend domestic plumbing course you will receive practical hands on training from our qualified and experienced plumbing tutors on the following:
- How to bend and fix copper pipework with soldered joints, apply compression and push fit joints to copper pipework
- Install various plumbing equipment including radiators, sinks, wash basins, washing machines and dishwashers
- Install waste systems that are connected to appliances – o industry standards using modern plastic pipework
- Use plastic pressure pipewrok
- Install taps and connect to the mains water supply
Previous plumbing experience is not required to attend this course.
Duration is four days; Saturday and Sunday 9.30am to 2.30pm on both weekends.